All Apps and Add-ons

Deploy Splunk UBA in Mixed Server OS env?

bkwoka
Explorer

My current environment is 2 splunk servers. One acting as a search head / indexer and one acting as a heavy forwarder. I have multiple UF clients pointing to the HF which filters and forwards to the indexer. Both of the servers are Windows Server 2016. I am looking into what would be needed to start using UBA. I see that it requires a *nix server. Could I deploy a second indexer on a *nix server and use that for UBA and continue to use the Windows search head?

0 Karma

cmeisch
Path Finder

This question is old but never answered:
Short answer... NO in most cases. UBA is a separate platform from SPLUNK core (UBA runs on top of Hadoop if you will). After going through the setup of UBA, etc I can tell you that you will want the system(s) running UBA to be its own separate instance. See the sizing guide: Install guide

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...