All Apps and Add-ons

Deploy Splunk UBA in Mixed Server OS env?

bkwoka
Explorer

My current environment is 2 splunk servers. One acting as a search head / indexer and one acting as a heavy forwarder. I have multiple UF clients pointing to the HF which filters and forwards to the indexer. Both of the servers are Windows Server 2016. I am looking into what would be needed to start using UBA. I see that it requires a *nix server. Could I deploy a second indexer on a *nix server and use that for UBA and continue to use the Windows search head?

0 Karma

cmeisch
Path Finder

This question is old but never answered:
Short answer... NO in most cases. UBA is a separate platform from SPLUNK core (UBA runs on top of Hadoop if you will). After going through the setup of UBA, etc I can tell you that you will want the system(s) running UBA to be its own separate instance. See the sizing guide: Install guide

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...