All Apps and Add-ons

Cron Scheduling

Devi13
Path Finder

Hello Team,

I would like to schedule a report which needs to be running on the first business day of the month.

Could you please let me know if this is possible.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is not possible as a specific cron schedule - you would have to schedule for say the first 5 days of the month and have the report check if it is running in the first business day of the month.

View solution in original post

Devi13
Path Finder

Thank you so much @ITWhisperer and @venkatasri for your inputs, let me try on these.

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Devi13 perhaps you could try with trigger condition inside a search as a workaround? As @ITWhisperer  said, cron is not a possible and you have to schedule it for first 5 business days.

Inside search you could put couple of conditions to check the week of the day is either Saturday/Sunday (Depends on in your Locale) and another check is if the day in holiday list using this add-on (specific to your country, location ) - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4853.

Final Trigger condition:   if it is not a weekend and not a holiday then let the report run and do the necessary action. Having said that though cron is scheduled to run every day in first 5 days of month the trigger condition check will only let report fire the action on business day.

Hope this helps!

----------------------------

Srikanth Yarlagadda.

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is not possible as a specific cron schedule - you would have to schedule for say the first 5 days of the month and have the report check if it is running in the first business day of the month.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...