All Apps and Add-ons

Can you help me with the following import error in the Splunk add-on builder?

davidemarino

Hi,

I am trying to import an add-on with the add-on builder version 2.2.0 but I am getting the same error everytime

"The add-on project could not be imported because a problem occurred while loading the meta data."

I am running the latest Splunk in docker. If I try to run the script project_migration_tool.py from command line, I get a different error

"/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-app-name/local/app.conf not found. The directory structure is not correct."

in fact, the local folder does not exist. In the AoB change log, it says that the import error has been fixed, but apparently, it has not. Can you give me support for this? I also tried to check the kvstore as suggested in another answer, but it did not help at all.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can only import addon packages which are exported from AoB before. If you download an addon from splunkbase or create your own addon, you cannot import it to AoB. Then you have to recreate it in AoB thru UI.

0 Karma

davidemarino

This is exactly what I did, create an addon via AoB or getting one created from it, and trying to open it and in both cases I see the same error

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...