All Apps and Add-ons

Can I do continuous Packet Capture with Splunk Streams?

davidwaugh
Path Finder

Hi I have a requirement for Continous Packet Capture with Splunk Streams. For example, I want to capture all traffic on port 25 and then save it to disk, so that I can retrieve the pcap at a later date for further investigation.

I saw in the notes that its says "Packet stream capture is ephemeral" which means its for a short period of time.
Can I just confirm then, that Splunk Streams can not do a continuous capture of network traffic and save it to a pcap?

0 Karma
1 Solution

davidwaugh
Path Finder

Hi had it confirmed by our Splunk account manager, than Splunk Streams can only do packet captures for a period of time, and not continuously.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

davidwaugh
Path Finder

Hi had it confirmed by our Splunk account manager, than Splunk Streams can only do packet captures for a period of time, and not continuously.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...