All Apps and Add-ons

Built-in apps are missing from shcluster directory on search head deployer, will they be removed from search head upon deployment?

alcarlsson
Engager

I want to deploy app configurations from a deployer to my search heads using the command

splunk apply shcluster-bundle

There are several apps in the shcluster directory, all which already exist on the search heads. All built-in stock apps (such as search) are however missing from shcluster.

Question: Will these stock apps be removed from the search heads if a deployment is performed, if they are missing from shcluster? Or is there a rule that prevents any stock apps from being removed?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Built-in apps must not be included in the shcluster bundle. They will not be deleted by a bundle push.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...