All Apps and Add-ons

Bluecoat app search ideas?

eblackburn
Path Finder

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Splunk and have been looking for ideas on searches I could use in our environment with regards to the Bluecoat add-on.

One scenario I'd be especially interested in is utilizing the transaction command, based on referring URLs, to potentially pinpoint what's causing a certain website not to load properly in a transparent proxy deployment. Does anyone run into this problem and use Splunk to troubleshoot it? I've been doing this so far without using transaction, but know there's a lot of potential there.

Any ideas on this or other scenarios would be appreciated. I'm just wondering how others are using the add-on for troubleshooting or threat hunting, etc. What are some of the use cases you've explored and searches you run frequently?

Thank you!

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion
0 Karma

eblackburn
Path Finder

Yep, thank you for the link. We are already installed and configured. I'm just looking for ways others are using it from a searching and reporting standpoint, especially around website troubleshooting. (i.e. this website won't load for a user, so let's apply a particular search to the scenario, similar to how you might use output from Chrome Developer Tools or getting a .har file). I'm already doing that now, but know that there's probably a lot to be gained by using transactions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...