All Apps and Add-ons

App for SQL Logs

eantonio
Path Finder

Is there an app dedicated to monitor SQL logs?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

erik_extrahop
Explorer

ExtraHop now has a Splunkbase app for database monitoring. Databases supported are Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Informix, DB2, Sybase and Sybase IQ, Postgres, and MySql.
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/53757/extrahop. Disclaimer: the Splunk App does require the ExtraHop APM platform to be installed as a real-time feed for Splunk.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

By "SQL", what do you mean? Microsoft SQL Server? MySql? Generic log data written into a relational database? Or something else?

0 Karma

treinke
Builder

What types of logs from SQL are you trying to get? If you are looking to monitor the data being written to and read from a table, that sounds like a trace flag that you would write out to a file and then Splunk can pick up that file. I am not a SQL guy, but that is how I have seen it done before.

There are no answer without questions
0 Karma

treinke
Builder

if you are using SQL 2005 or greater, you can to put in a login trigger. Within that trigger you can have it write to a file or to the Windows events (prefered).

There are no answer without questions
0 Karma

eantonio
Path Finder

I'm concern more on who is accessing my SQL Server and other System Status.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/search/?q=sql

Not currently, no. Build one! 🙂

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Like any input, as long as it's text Splunk will index it. Windows event logs, the errorlog files, etc.

0 Karma

eantonio
Path Finder

So how do you monitor SQL logs now? Do you just monitor Windows Event Logs in your SQL Servers?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...