All Apps and Add-ons

App for SQL Logs

eantonio
Path Finder

Is there an app dedicated to monitor SQL logs?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

erik_extrahop
Explorer

ExtraHop now has a Splunkbase app for database monitoring. Databases supported are Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Informix, DB2, Sybase and Sybase IQ, Postgres, and MySql.
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/53757/extrahop. Disclaimer: the Splunk App does require the ExtraHop APM platform to be installed as a real-time feed for Splunk.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

By "SQL", what do you mean? Microsoft SQL Server? MySql? Generic log data written into a relational database? Or something else?

0 Karma

treinke
Builder

What types of logs from SQL are you trying to get? If you are looking to monitor the data being written to and read from a table, that sounds like a trace flag that you would write out to a file and then Splunk can pick up that file. I am not a SQL guy, but that is how I have seen it done before.

There are no answer without questions
0 Karma

treinke
Builder

if you are using SQL 2005 or greater, you can to put in a login trigger. Within that trigger you can have it write to a file or to the Windows events (prefered).

There are no answer without questions
0 Karma

eantonio
Path Finder

I'm concern more on who is accessing my SQL Server and other System Status.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/search/?q=sql

Not currently, no. Build one! 🙂

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Like any input, as long as it's text Splunk will index it. Windows event logs, the errorlog files, etc.

0 Karma

eantonio
Path Finder

So how do you monitor SQL logs now? Do you just monitor Windows Event Logs in your SQL Servers?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...