All Apps and Add-ons

Add on Builder adds aob_events_in_meta.json and .aob_meta file- Has anyone encountered these extra files?

hansmmaldonado
Observer

I used AoB to make a TA which is pulling data using a python script.

Whether I export or Download Package, I get some additional files which are preventing me from installing the TA to another instance. I get a .json and a .aob_meta, and these are the problematic files which get referenced in the error when I attempt to install to a different Splunk Enterprise server.

the other unexpected behavior is that the props are not merging to default directory, as the docs lead me to believe should be happening, but I saw reference to that being a known bug

I'm gonna attempt a manual packing of my app, but has anyone encountered these extra files?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

hughkelley
Path Finder

I also get the aob_meta file when I export to SPL.   This contains the test parameters I used during development,  which feels like information leakage.

0 Karma

hansmmaldonado
Observer

manual removal of unwanted files, mv local to default, then re tar.gz resolved my issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...