All Apps and Add-ons

Add a dropdown feature to the dashboard using JavaScript and filter the results

iamsplunker31
Path Finder

We have a dashboard and it has 3 inputs Date, Transaction dropdown, Submit Button. I’m looking to add a dropdown (Manager) between date and transaction dropdown so that I can only see the transactions based on the Manager.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It sounds like you want to use the value of your manager input token in the search that generates the results for the transaction input. I can't tell you how exactly to do it on your dashboard since I don't have your code, but it involves having the manager token in the query of the transaction input, the same way you have it in the main search that creates your results (table or view or whatever you got).
You need to make sure that the tokens work in both searches of course.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@iamsplunker31 by JavaScript do you mean Simple XML JS Extension or HTML Dashboard?

iamsplunker31
Path Finder

Hi @niketnilay : It's an HTML dashboard

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...