Alerting

ldapsearch command to get attribute names from directory

arrangineni
Path Finder

How can I run a ldapsearch command from Splunk to get the list of user attribute names ONLY not the values available in a AD directory. I am using SA-ldap add-on but don't see the parameters that I need to use to get the attributes name list.

Looking back into AD documentation there is a option for --typesOnly but not sure how to use it in Splunk ldap search query.

my query is as follows:  | ldapsearch domain=abc search="(&(objectClass=user)(!(objectClass=computer)))"

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

FelixLeh
Contributor

Hi,
I have no knowledge of how this type of search behaves..but if this kind of directory also has fields can't you just use

|fields attribute_name_field

to get rid of any other field but the name? 
(like I said im just blindly guessing since I have never used Idapsearches! I hope you can resolve your problem!)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...