Alerting

Scheduled Real-time AlertsTerminating

marksnelling
Communicator

I have a number of real-time alerts scheduled that prior to upgrading to Splunk 6.1 would run continuously. Since the upgrade these jobs now stop alerting even though the jobs are visible in the Activity/Jobs window and are in status "Running 100%".

To get the jobs to start alerting again I have to either delete and recreate them.

Is this a known issue or have I missed a breaking change somewhere in the upgrade?

1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

this is appears to be a known issue in 6.1.1:
"After upgrading to 6.1 or 6.1.1, real-time searches (per-result or rolling window) may stop triggering alerts for matching events after running for more than 1 hour. Typically, this is noticed when these searches fail to trigger actions such as sending an email. (SPL-84357)"

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.1/ReleaseNotes/KnownIssues

View solution in original post

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

this is appears to be a known issue in 6.1.1:
"After upgrading to 6.1 or 6.1.1, real-time searches (per-result or rolling window) may stop triggering alerts for matching events after running for more than 1 hour. Typically, this is noticed when these searches fail to trigger actions such as sending an email. (SPL-84357)"

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.1/ReleaseNotes/KnownIssues

rainhailrob
Path Finder

I've noticed the same problem. We just upgraded from 6.03 to 6.1.1. We have 7 realtime jobs so I wouldn't think that would overload the system.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...