Alerting

Real time alert option not available

cyber_Maddy
Engager

cyber_Maddy_1-1634886882920.png

If you look at the picture I cant see the real time alert option, Could you please assist me to get this on my splunk ?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

PradReddy
Path Finder

Hi cyber_Maddy,

Overuse of real-time search can result in performance costs and in this you are not able to scheduled a real-time alert because of restrictions that have applied in your environment

Options for restricting real-time search are as follows:

1) Disable real-time search at the indexer level by editing indexes.conf for specific indexes.
2) Disable real-time search for particular roles and users.
3) Edit limits.conf to reduce the number of real-time searches that can be run concurrently at any given time.
4) Edit limits.conf to restrict indexer support for real-time searches.

The documentation, How to restrict usage of real-time search is where you will want to go.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/Search/Restrictrealtimesearch

Also, make sure you're reading the documentation for your version of Splunk.

------
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...