Alerting

Manage alerts for different customers

adrifesa95
Engager

Good morning,

I explain my casuistry, I have a Splunk tenant that belongs to a big company with sucusarles in three zones. Each branch should only see the data of its zone. The indexes are constructed in the form, zone_technology, for example, eu_meraki.

Knowing this, I have created a series of alerts, which are shared for all the areas, and search in all the indexes. How could I make that the warning email when the alert is triggered, only reaches the contacts of an area?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma

adrifesa95
Engager

It's splunk cloud

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @adrifesa95,

the question is: have you Enterprise Security or not?

anyway, if there isn't Enterprise Security you can apply my solution.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

adrifesa95
Engager

No we don't have. The problem is that I want to use the same alerts without have to clone, isn't it possible?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @adrifesa95,

it isn't so easy, you should:

• create a lookup containing two columns:
    • area,
    • mail,
  • modify your alerts in this way:
<your_alert>
| lookup your_lookup.csv area OUTPUT mail
| sendmail to=mail

supponing that in your mail search, you have the area field, matchig the value in the lookup.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @adrifesa95,

are you speaking of Splunk Enterprise or Enterprise Security?

If Enterprise Security it's a very hard job to impement multitenancy because ES isn't multitenant by default.

If in Splunk Enterprise, you could create different alerts for each zone, working only on the indexes of that area and sending  mails only to users of that area.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...