Alerting

How to create an alert of a trend Analysis on the same time over a period of time?

srisahitya_v
Communicator

Hello All,

I would like to write a query for an IP which is targeting every day to my system. I would like to make a trend diagram OR alert to showcase these kind of IP's.

But with time chart command, I am unable to fulfill the need.

Example: one IP is scanning my system, every day at 8'O clock in the morning for past 7 days. Then it should trigger an alert.

with time chart I can make the time line with spikes, but not able to trigger alert for above one.

any suggestion?

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

@mayurr98:

the query is "index=firewall_log | timechart span=1h count BY IP"
It gives a time line only.

What I need is that an alert should trigger, when a suspicious IP making trend of is accessing my network, "every day same time over a period of time"

Any suggestions?

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

what is your timechart query?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...