Alerting

How to add additional email to get Splunk maintenance alerts?

Shapane
Engager

We currently get email alerts from Splunk whenever they are scheduling any maintenance on our instances however we would like to add an additional email and we are not sure how this cold be done. If anyone could point us to any documentation or give steps on how this can be accomplished that would be great. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're a Splunk Cloud customer and want more people to be know about maintenance to your instance, then your company's Support Portal Admin needs to add Operational Contacts in the portal.  Consider making one of the contacts an email distribution list managed by your company.

If you're referring to something else then please clarify.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Shapane
Engager

To clarify based on the previous reply (thanks), we are looking to add an additional email or Distribution list for Splunk's Maintenance windows not from my company. Currently, 1 group (DL) is getting the notification however we want a 2nd group added as well.

Emails usually come from support@splunk.com.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I reiterate my answer.  If you use Splunk by connecting to https://mycompany.splunkcloud.com then you are a Splunk Cloud customer and maintenance notices will come from support@splunk.com.

Even if you're not a Splunk Cloud customer, the fact that notices from Splunk support tells me you should be going to the support portal to change who gets notified.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...