Alerting

How can I have alerts in splunk free!

sureshsala
Explorer

I was using Trial version, I have enabled the license to use free version. How all my alerts are gone in the air!!! 😞

How can I enable alerts in free version!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mprreddy51
Explorer

You need to configure mail server to trigger alerts go to settings and configure mail server then based on your condition alert will trigger

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I downvoted this post because this is incorrect--the problem is due to having switched to the free license. the user already knows how to configure alerts.

0 Karma

adauria_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can get a Splunk Enterprise trial for 60 days by downloading it from the website, but if you don't buy an enterprise license, after 60 days it reverts to a free license. Splunk Free does not include alerts, authenticated logins, and a number of other enterprise features available only to customers of paid versions.

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

Only during the first 60 days.

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

You can reinstall Splunk.

0 Karma

sureshsala
Explorer

What about the data?

0 Karma

sureshsala
Explorer

Ok, I have not even completed 60 days. it's just the second day! Can I revert it back.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...