Alerting

Difference between Queries ??

Vishal2
Explorer

I have 2 search Queries to get the windows shutdown list from the lookup file but when  I run these 2 Queries I am getting different host list for same time period, Can you please suggest the best Query to get the shutdown hosts from the lookup file.

1. index=* host=* sourcetype=XmlWinEventLog* (EventCode=41 OR EventCode=1074 OR EventCode=6006 OR EventCode=6008) join type=inner host [ |inputlookup Windows.csv ] | stats count by host | dedup host

2. index=* sourcetype=XmlWinEventLog* EventCode=41 OR EventCode=1074 OR EventCode=6006 OR EventCode=6008 [ | inputlookup Windows.csv | return 1000 host] | stats count by host | where count >1

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Vishal2 

In this case I will suggest this search,

index=* sourcetype=XmlWinEventLog* (EventCode=41 OR EventCode=1074 OR EventCode=6006 OR EventCode=6008) [| inputlookup Windows.csv | return 1000 host] 
| stats count by host 
| where count >1

and if I'm right you will have only those host which has events if you remove "| where count >1" from search.

KV 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...