Alerting

Are there any known drawbacks for using the auto window when scheduling non real-time alerts?

danielbb
Motivator

I wonder whether there are any known issues with using the auto window capability when scheduling non real-time alerts? In my mind, it should be the default and I just wonder if there are any arguments why it shouldn't be?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Only what you would expect: some will run late so, for example, if you are looking at a dashboard driven by a scheduled search running every 5-minutes and you have <dashboard refresh=600> at the top, because it is on a very fixed schedule, you may not see your changes until the refresh after you normally would.

danielbb
Motivator

The main focus here is about the alerts. Since we have many cyber alerts, some people have concerns and are not rushing to embrace this promising auto feature. It's interesting whether there is any tracking of the auto driven alerts, meaning, the delta, the actual execution time, etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...