The viz allows for a number and/or an icon. The color and icon can be static or set with the rangemap command. The icons are from the Font Awesome library. The viz uses 3 fields: a number field(your stat), an icon field, and a color field.
Status Indicator Example:
| stats count(log_level) as errors
| rangemap field=errors #65a637=0-0 #f7bc38=1-9 #f58f39=10-99 #d93f3c=100-10000 default=#555
| rename range as range_color
| rangemap field=errors thumbs-o-up=0-0 warning=1-9 stethoscope=10-99 ambulance=100-10000 default=warning
| rename range as range_icon
| table errors range_icon range_color
1. Perform search to get a single value to be displayed with a stats search
2. Use rangemap to set the color for each range. You can use color names like red, yellow, orange for some colors.
Note: The rangemap command sets a field called range. It fills the field value with the value on the left side of the = if the value of the original field in in the range defined on the right side of the field.
3. Rename range field to avoid a collision from the second rangemap command.
4. Use rangemap to set the icon. Use the name for the icon from Font Awesome.
5. Rename range field to make the field name easier to understand. OCD? Yep, a little...
6. Put the results into a table with the fields in this order: number, icon, color
7. Configure the viz on the Visualization tab
a. Select the Status Indicator viz.
b. Format - Icon: Set to display value and icon, set icon to field value.
c. Format - Colors: Set to Field value
... View more