Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk Fundamentals 1 course

mnagpal87
Observer

Hello,

I'm working on the Splunk Fundamentals 1 course. I'm on Module 5. I have downloaded Splunk enterprise on my laptop. While it was working fine till Module 4, it seems something is not right in Module 5. When i do a search using the words fail or error selecting All TIME, I am not getting any response at all. I am wondering if it has got anything to do with the 30 day period because i had seen a message appearing as of yesterday that something is going to expire on the 27th of March. 

Can someone please help with this ?

Thank You 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

xanthakita
Path Finder

So, a helpful hint. I had to learn this the hard way, always include the search you are asking about (unless it’s a huge multi-line search! It makes it easier to see the problem and offer support.  

BTW the 30 day expiration you probably saw means that you will revert to a local license of 500MB/day of ingest and a couple other limitations. It should not affect your fundamentals course at all. 

Last hint, on your screen there is a job link that is a pull down you can go into the job inspector and see exactly what is happening with your search. I’m on my phone so can’t go too into detail but here is a handy link https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/splunk-clara-fication-job-inspector.html 

mnagpal87
Observer

Thank You for your reply. 

I have not completed 30 days yet. Its been less than 15 days. I was able to resolve my earlier issue. Looks like I wasn't entering the boolean operator in Upper Case. Now, i'm facing another problem. When i try to open Splunk Enterprise ( which is already installed ), I get the following message. I have been getting this message for the last 2 days

================================================================================

This site can’t be reached
127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Try:

================================================================================

Can you please suggest what i can do ?

Thanks

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @mnagpal87,

The fundamentals 1 course validity for only 30 days.After that the course will be expired and you cant access the course modules.

mnagpal87
Observer

Hi Vardhan,

I have not completed 30 days yet. Its been less than 15 days. I was able to resolve my earlier issue. Looks like I wasn't entering the boolean operator in Upper Case. Now, i'm facing another problem. When i try to open Splunk Enterprise ( which is already installed ), I get the following message. I have been getting this message for the last 2 days

This site can’t be reached
127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Can you please suggest what i can do ?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...