Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk Enterprise Security Admin Certification requirements

termcap
Path Finder

Hi,

I was trying to figure out the pre-requisites for appearing for the Splunk Enterprise Security admin certification exam, below is a snip from the PDF provided by Splunk

ES-admin-path.PNG

I have the following questions:

1. Does this mean that to appear for the Splunk ES Admin certification I do not need any previous Splunk certification ?

2. Do I have to buy any of the courses from Splunk to be eligible to appear for the Splunk Enterprise Admin certification exam ? Because the courses mentioned in both the tracks are recommended.

If I have understood this correctly, I plan on buying the Administering Splunk Enterprise Security course from Splunk and then appearing for the certification exam. (Please note I do not have any previous Splunk certification)

Thanks,

Termcap

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1.  Correct. No prior certification is needed.

2.  Correct. None of the courses are required, but they are recommended.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Rich, for the win! Well done 👏

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1.  Correct. No prior certification is needed.

2.  Correct. None of the courses are required, but they are recommended.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...