Training + Certification Discussions

Questions about splunk-enterprise-certified-architect training

goelt2000
Explorer

Hi, 

I have a few questions for  splunk-enterprise-certified-architect exam.

I could not find any phone number or email address I can send to splunk directly. If someone has a contact, can you please share?

I did my Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin few months ago. I am planning to sit for splunk-enterprise-certified-architect exam.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/certification-track/splunk-enterprise-certified-architect/over...

It says:

All candidates who wish to access the exam must be Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin and complete the Architecting Splunk Enterprise Deployments, Troubleshooting Splunk Enterprise, Cluster Administration, and Splunk Enterprise Deployment Practical Lab courses.

Are these trainings compulsory? Can I not sit in the exam if I do want to do these or pay for these?

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/courses/troubleshooting-splunk-enterprise.html

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/courses/splunk-enterprise-cluster-administration.html

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/courses/architecting-splunk-enterprise-deployments.html

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/courses/splunk-architect-certification-lab.html

Are these trainings or an exam? As in will these be one sided teaching by the instructor or will I be given a pass/fail thing, if I am unable to do it successfully? 

In particular: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/courses/splunk-architect-certification-lab.html

The wording seems to indicate it will be an exam?

This 24-hour practical lab exercise is designed to take you through the tasks of a complete mock deployment. Each participant is given access to a specified number of Linux servers and a set of requirements. Participants then perform a mock deployment according to requirements which adhere to Splunk Deployment Methodology and best-practices.

The trainings are in multiple time zones, can I register for any time zone, say "EMEA UK Time - Virtual"

even though I am in US West. What is the difference between the two? Will the UK one be given by someone in UK.

If I am unable to do the training after paying for it, as in I am not well, can I postpone it? I think it said somewhere I have 30 days to complete the training.

Not sure if any one else has thought about it , these are very expensive. 1000-1500$ for each one.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes—the course descriptions may indicate a recommended order (as in you may need working knowledge of one topic for maximum success/benefit from a course), but from a certification perspective, any order is fine.

RobertM

I have a question, if all the courses are completed, but one of them failed, can I take the exam?

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No. All courses must be successfully completed (meaning passed) to qualify for the exam.

0 Karma

goelt2000
Explorer

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi! There are quite a few questions nested in your post, so I'll try to break them down one at a time:

Are these trainings compulsory? Can I not sit in the exam if I do want to do these or pay for these?

• Yes. These four architect-specific courses are required for all candidates. The exam authorization will not be issued until they are all complete.

Are these trainings or an exam? As in will these be one sided teaching by the instructor or will I be given a pass/fail thing, if I am unable to do it successfully? 

• These are all courses. The first three will be, as you described it, "one sided teaching" with labs to complete in order to earn a passing/complete status. The practical lab is ALSO a course, but does give registrants a live lab environment in which to perform the mock deployment. It is graded by instructors and is pass/fail.

The trainings are in multiple time zones, can I register for any time zone, say "EMEA UK Time - Virtual" even though I am in US West. What is the difference between the two? Will the UK one be given by someone in UK.

• You can register in any time zone, but you must show up at the scheduled time (so make sure it works with your schedule).

If I am unable to do the training after paying for it, as in I am not well, can I postpone it? I think it said somewhere I have 30 days to complete the training.

• None of these are self-paced eLearning. The courses are delivered by instructors in the times shown when you register. Standard EDU policies for rescheduling/cancellation apply:

You must send an email to Splunk Education at least 5 business days before the scheduled start time of your class in order to avoid any penalties for late cancellation. 

We close registration for many of our courses before the start date, so a late cancellation means we will not be able to fill that seat. This means that any cancellation (or no-show) within the 5-day window will not be reimbursed (via credits or other form of payment).

To reschedule or cancel a registration, simply contact us with your request.

Good luck on your path to architect!

goelt2000
Explorer
0 Karma

goelt2000
Explorer

@richgalloway - would you have any idea? Thanks.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@amesseris the expert in these matters so there's little I can add.

Courses can be completed in any order as long as you satisfy the prerequisites for each course.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...