Training + Certification Discussions

How to prepare for Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification?

utkarsh__
Explorer

Can anyone help me with the resources to prepare for Admin Certification Exam?

Or if someone can share how he/she prepared without taking the Splunk Recommended Courses.

The recommended - Data and System Administration courses are way too costly for me.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @utkarsh__,

sorry but if you didn't followed the requested courses you cannot access the Certification exam, you will be blocked before, training is a business!

anyway, the only thing to do to pass examps is to read again and study the slides fo the followed courses, also because the questions will be on all the requested courses.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

utkarsh__
Explorer

Thankyou for the reply @gcusello .

But for the Admin Certification, the courses are "recommended" only and not the "prerequisite". So I think I should be able to access the exam without the courses.

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes—you are correct. The courses are not required, as candidates with many years of experience as Splunk Administrators are likely to be successful based on lived experience and culminated knowledge in-practice.

Candidates are required to pass the Core Power User exam to gain access to the Enterprise Admin.

Check out the Exam Study Guide for some sample questions and a link to the test blueprint, which details what to expect in terms of exam content.

Good luck!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...