Training + Certification Discussions

Fundamentals1_m12 Module 12 of Splunk Fundamentals

michaelcarnett
Engager

On page 2 of the of this module it has you creating a lookup table file and then a Lookup definition.

When you successfully create the table file and try to create a definition that points to that CSV the file is missing from the drop down menu.

From the search I had to enter "|inputlookup products.csv" which displayed the contents of products.csv and then when I went back to the definition creation I could select products.csv from the lookup file selection.

Hope this helps someone else.

Elmwoodie
Engager

I couldnt get the auto lookup working  no matter what I did on page 3    😞

Couldnt see fields Price or ProductName .  Not sure what I was doing wrong.

index=main sourcetype="access_combined_wcookie" file=success.do status=200 | stats sum(Price) as Revenue by ProductName

Elmwoodie_0-1591915157201.png

0 Karma

ricardoutrilla
Engager

thanks a lot, the exact same thing happened to me, your post just saved me a lot of google search & dig

training_222
Engager

Thank you.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @michaelcarnett,

Can you please share sample XML? I think the problem might be in fieldvalue & fieldLabel option of dropdown.
Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...