Training + Certification Discussions

Are there any practice exams or sample questions available for the Power User and Admin User Exams?

princemanto2580
Path Finder

Hi Splunker,

Are there any practice exams or sample questions available for the Power User and Admin User Exams?

1 Solution

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@princemanto2580 - I don't think there are any practice exams available (but someone from the Education team can add more information about that). But if you are taking a Splunk Education course to be certified as a Power User and/or Admin User, there are sample questions/quizzes at the end of every module that will help when taking the actual certification test. You can retake these quizzes multiple times in preparation for the exam.

Keep in mind that when you're ready to take the certification exam, you can retake the test up to 3 times.

View solution in original post

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@princemanto2580 - I don't think there are any practice exams available (but someone from the Education team can add more information about that). But if you are taking a Splunk Education course to be certified as a Power User and/or Admin User, there are sample questions/quizzes at the end of every module that will help when taking the actual certification test. You can retake these quizzes multiple times in preparation for the exam.

Keep in mind that when you're ready to take the certification exam, you can retake the test up to 3 times.

princemanto2580
Path Finder

@aaraneta - After review each modules pdf, there is nothing like sample questions or quizzes. I just want to know what kind of questions they can ask during the exam. Any sample demos can help me to clear it.

Let say if I can not make it by 3 tries, what will happen ? Do I need to attend the training or re-test is possible.

As you can understand, I am totally new on this world and just have only 4 modules pdf with me with out test splunk instance.

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you taking the online/eLearning Splunk Education courses for Admin or Power User?

Clarification regarding the quizzes: If you're taking Splunk Education courses such as "Using Splunk" or "Searching and Reporting" via eLearning, eLearning is a self-paced online course with videos and labs for each module. After each module, there is an online quiz that you can take multiple times. The way the eLearning course works is that you have to complete each aspect of the course such as watching the videos, doing the labs, and completing the quizzes in order for Splunk to mark the course as completed so that it can count towards getting certified. If you're just reviewing the PDFs of each module, it may not be enough to prepare you for the exam.

Regarding the certification exam: If you do not pass after 3 attempts, please email certification@splunk.com for retake options. If you have not taken the recommended courses, you will be required to do so before you can take the test again.

If you are without a Splunk test instance, you should definitely download Splunk and do the Search Tutorial at least. Also, are a couple of previous Answers post to help you in getting started:
- Hungry Newbie: Best way to learn Splunk
- Training materials for new users

Hope that helps. Good luck to you!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...