Splunk User Behavior Analytics

Splunk User behavior app build

Ephrem32
Explorer

Hi,

I would like to build my own Splunk User behavior app. Can you guide me through the steps on building it by providing a references and other sites that can help me build it. 

Thank you,

Labels (4)
0 Karma

Ephrem32
Explorer

Please anyone can you help guide me to create a similar app like Splunk User Behavior Analytics. An reference or guides would help.

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @Ephrem32 .. as other reply said, Splunk UBA is a Premium Solution. we got no other free apps/solution which can do the same job of UBA. 

the Splunk Training portal got around 5 free courses, in which one course is about UBA. that training will give you more ideas about UBA and its features. 

https://education.splunk.com/catalog

For your first question, by the "build", i assume you are referring to "open source" tools build/compile/install from the source code. As Splunk itself is a paid tool, we can not get its source code and build it. we can get only executable files, which will only "install"(no build/complie, etc)

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

UBA is a premium app for which Splunk charges many thousands of dollars to support the team of developers that work on it.  As such, you're not likely to find sites that will help you replicate Splunk intellectual property.  Good luck, however, because if you are successful and don't infringe on a Splunk patent you could make a fair amount of money on it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Ephrem32
Explorer

Hi

Thank you for your response, I'm trying to do build an app similar to UBA and its campablities. I need guides on how to approach building an app and creating it to scan user behavior analytics on the security sector. An reference or guides would help.

Thank you,

@richgalloway 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...