Splunk Tech Talks
Deep-dives for technical practitioners.

Democratizing SNMP Data Collection and Monitoring with Splunk

LesediK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

View our Tech Talks: IT Edition,  Democratizing SNMP Data Collection and Monitoring with Splunk

What’s happening on your network? How are the routers and switches doing? What’s the bandwidth usage of your network? As your infrastructure grows, knowing what happens on your network becomes critical. Want to witness how monitoring thousands of devices at scale from one place looks like?

With Splunk Connect for SNMP, you can have clear visibility to benchmark your network’s performance, gain the ability to uncover unknowns, predict and prevent network downtime.

Watch this Tech Talk to get a lighthearted overview and live demonstration of Splunk Connect for SNMP, complete with Git repo and instructions on how you can get started to receive valuable SNMP information from thousands of devices.

Tags (2)
LesediK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here are a few questions from the live airing. Enjoy!

Q: What do you recommend as a SNMP Poller?

A: Splunk Connect for SNMP is a poller implementation.

Q: Does this actively poll (snmp get) or is this only for receiving traps?

A: We do both, accept traps and poll devices for metrics (getbulk/get).

mserieys_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @LesediK 

Thank you for sharing all the information, I think the 'Documentation' link is broken?

Kind regards

Marc

LesediK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @mserieys_splunk,

Thank you for letting me know. The documentation link has been updated.

https://splunk.github.io/splunk-connect-for-snmp/main/ 

Thanks,

Lesedi

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...