Splunk Tech Talks
Deep-dives for technical practitioners.

Best Practices for Maturing Your SOC from Splunk Professional Services

melissap
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Best Practices for Maturing Your SOC from Splunk Professional Services 

Splunk Professional Services is on the frontlines every single day, working with thousands of customers to help them realize the full value of their Splunk investment. In an effort to help customers expedite their security maturation journey, they recently unveiled the Splunk Security Maturity Framework. It’s a data-driven approach, based on countless learning from the field, to enable customers to align their strategic and tactical goals with the critical capabilities of the Splunk Security Suite.

If you have ever wondered how to build a world-class SOC with Splunk — look no further. We will provide you with an overview of Splunk Security Maturity Framework in this session. Subsequent sessions will go in-depth into how Splunk Security Maturity Framework can impact the three critical components of any SOC: people, process, and technology.

Tune in to this Tech Talk to:

• Learn how to determine your current maturity level and discover the required steps to reach the next level in maturity 
  • See how Splunk Security Maturity Framework can accelerate time-to-value
  • Discover how to tie progress to outcomes in order to maximize value

Register for the remainder of the series about People, Process and Technology.

melissap
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here are the questions from the live Talk that are answered live at the end. A great discussion!

Q: What prompted the creation of Splunk Security Maturity Method?
Q: What is the biggest benefit of using this process?
Q: Is there a specific Splunk product that this methodology recommends?
Q: How long does the entire 4 step process take?
Q: This breakout of response effectiveness is quite interesting. How do you overcome gaps in the ticketing/response team data to identify those metrics?
Q: Is this specific to Splunk or is it more general for any technology? Or is it a mix of both?
Q: Understanding the goal is to identify gaps in the process established, one of the frequent occurrences is that a given customer environment doesn't have a fully mature alert pipeline or set of processes and, without the underlying data to quantify that in the absence of a business knowledge SME, how do you avoid the engagement for S2M2 falling into the depths of trying to define the existing pipeline?

damode1
Path Finder

Even though I registered for the People, Process and Technology  Tech Talk, it says "A confirmation email with event details will be sent to you shortly." but I never end up getting any link to the series. 

@melissap Can you please help ?

melissap
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@damode1 We have found the error in the email response and fixing it now. I will be sending an email as soon as it is fixed.  Thank you for letting me know.

damode1
Path Finder

No worries. Will wait for your reply. Thanks!

melissap
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@damode Did you get the email? It should have come to your mailbox? Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...