Splunk Search

useing metadata commend to display sourcetype host and sources at the same time

samlinsongguo
Communicator

HI
I want to use | metadata commend to display sourcetype host and sources at the same time, so far I cant make connection between them.
As we know when I run | metadata type=sourcetypes search it will return me sourcetype information,like below

firstTime   lastTime   recentTime sourcetype totalCount type
151572    1515399    152170     RT2RO   108      sourcetypes

the output I am looking for is

firstTime   lastTime   recentTime sourcetype totalCount source       host
  151572    1515399    152170       RT2RO   108     \var\log\a   rt2.server.com

Can this be done using | metadata command?
The reason I want to use it is just because it give result fast 🙂
Thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello there,
not sure how to achieve with | metadata (without | append or | appendcols ) but give ashot to the next search:
|tstats count as event_count min(_time) as firstTime max(_time) as lastTime by host source sourcetype where index=*

hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello there,
not sure how to achieve with | metadata (without | append or | appendcols ) but give ashot to the next search:
|tstats count as event_count min(_time) as firstTime max(_time) as lastTime by host source sourcetype where index=*

hope it helps

0 Karma

samlinsongguo
Communicator

Thanks Adonio, not very familiar with tstats but it got what I want thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...