Splunk Search

update lookup table with outputcsv

sonicZ
Contributor

I would like to update an existing app lookup table with static known fields instead of search results, for example my lookup table just has

ip, dns, country

Something like this search should work with some tweaking i suppose?

| inputcsv append=true edge_lookup.csv | eval dns=somehost.somedomain.com | eval ip="199.156.128.1" | eval country=mexico | outputcsv  edge_lookup.csv

I have the syntax wrong though.
Also It seems like it's trying to write to var/run/splunk though on the search head, is there a way to rewrite the existing app lookup table?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

bmacias84
Champion

If I understand your question. You will want to create a saved search under the context of the app in question. Also take a look at my other post updating-lookup-table-data-externally-auto-magically.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

bmacias84
Champion

If I understand your question. You will want to create a saved search under the context of the app in question. Also take a look at my other post updating-lookup-table-data-externally-auto-magically.

Hope this helps.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...