Splunk Search

time difference between two events.

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi,

I need to calucalte the time difference between two events in splunk..using the transaction command ....how can i do that ..??

in my logs i have my own field called "TIMESTAMP" . Please help..

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

If you want to use transaction, create a transaction that starts with the first event and ends with the second. The transaction command will automatically create a field duration that holds the time different between the first and the last event in the transaction, so if you have Splunk configured to use "TIMESTAMP" as what it takes its own timestamp from, just getting the duration field will give you what you want.

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

If you want to use transaction, create a transaction that starts with the first event and ends with the second. The transaction command will automatically create a field duration that holds the time different between the first and the last event in the transaction, so if you have Splunk configured to use "TIMESTAMP" as what it takes its own timestamp from, just getting the duration field will give you what you want.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...