Splunk Search

time chart

vinod0313
Explorer

I have two queries and i want to display both the query result in line chart (one line in the line chart from the result of query 1 and  another line in the line chart from the result of query 2)

below is the query which i append the two queries ,but i am not getting proper line chart

index="cx_aws" host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" source ="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" AND ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") AND HttpStatusCode|bucket _time span=1h | stats count by _time
|append
[search index="cx_aws" host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" source="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" AND ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") AND HttpStatusCode | eval TimeTaken3 = trim(replace(TimeTaken, ",","")) | eval REQUESTED_URL2 = trim(replace(REQUESTED_URL, "/contracts/",""))| eval REQUESTED_URL3 = trim(replace(REQUESTED_URL2, "/enrollees","")) | sort -num(TimeTaken3) | WHERE TimeTaken3>10000|bucket _time span=1h | stats count by _time] 

please suggest in order to achieve the two line sin the line chart(one for each query)

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI @vinod0313,

please see my approach and adapt it to your real situation (I cannot test it!):

index="cx_aws" host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" source ="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") HttpStatusCode
| bucket _time span=1h 
| stats count AS "First" by _time
|append [ search 
     index="cx_aws" host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" source="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") HttpStatusCode 
     | eval TimeTaken3=trim(replace(TimeTaken, ",","")) 
     | eval REQUESTED_URL2=trim(replace(REQUESTED_URL, "/contracts/",""))
     | eval REQUESTED_URL3 = trim(replace(REQUESTED_URL2, "/enrollees","")) 
     | sort -num(TimeTaken3) 
     | WHERE TimeTaken3>10000
     | bucket _time span=1h 
     | stats count AS "Second" by _time
     ] 
| stats values(First) AS First values(Second) AS Second BY _time

Beware to the number of result of the second search: if they could be more than 50,000 you could have errors.

Otherwise, you could try a different approach:

index="cx_aws" (host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" OR host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent") source ="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") HttpStatusCode
| search TimeTaken3>10000 OR host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent"
| timechart span=1h count BY host

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

vinod0313
Explorer

hi @gcusello 

Thanks for your response, i have tried with your suggestion and below is the response chart

vinod0313_0-1621336751982.png

is there any chance that we can get second also line chart(now we are not getting as line)

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vinod0313,

please, try the second one because I think that's better, anyway, for the first solution, did you tried different options in the chart? bacause it seems that you haven't some values.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

vinod0313
Explorer

HI @gcusello

The second one didn't worked actually and i tried the options in the chart with first solution and it worked.
Thanks a lot.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI @vinod0313,

please see my approach and adapt it to your real situation (I cannot test it!):

index="cx_aws" host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" source ="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") HttpStatusCode
| bucket _time span=1h 
|append [ search 
     index="cx_aws" host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" source="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") HttpStatusCode 
     | sort -num(TimeTaken3) 
     | WHERE TimeTaken3>10000
     | bucket _time span=1h 
     | stats count AS "Second" by _time
     ] 
| stats values(First) AS First values(Second) AS Second BY _time

Beware to the number of result of the second search: if they could be more than 50,000 you could have errors.

Otherwise, you could try a different approach:

index="cx_aws" (host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent" OR host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent") source ="pf-enrollee-family-roster-service" ("/persons/" OR "/contracts/") HttpStatusCode
| search TimeTaken3>10000 OR host="aw-lx0244.deltadev.ent"
| timechart span=1h count BY host

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...