Splunk Search

subtract csv results by metadata source

gnoellbn
Explorer

I'm trying to subtract the list of host contains in my csv file in field "clients_supprimes" to results of host not reporting to Splunk through a search in the metadata.

So normally I would do something like this :

| metadata hosts NOT [search source="/opt/splunk/sources_manuelles/suppression_client.csv" | table clients_supprimes] | ...

But that doesn't work, same thing if I put the search before the first pipe because metadata has to be first in the search.

Would you have any idea ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

donnymcbride

What is the typo? What is the correct search that works?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try following

|metadata type=hosts index=* | search NOT [search source="/opt/splunk/sources_manuelles/suppression_client.csv" | table clients_supprimes | rename clients_supprimes as host]

Also, if the file suppression_client.csv is static and doesn't change often, consider making it as lookup table file.

donnymcbride

Please identify typo and the search that is correct and works

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry there was a typo. Corrected it. Its seems to be working fine for me (tested with a csv file of my own).

When you want to run the subsearch standalone, you don't need the keyword "search" to be prefixed. Its only required when using subsearch.

0 Karma

gnoellbn
Explorer

It doesn't seem to work, it seems like it's because of the "[search". It returns "No matching field exist"
If I do a standalone search I need to remove it for it to work but if I do in the subsearch it gives me an error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...