Splunk Search

strptime(x,y) usage

pipipipi
Path Finder

hi all,
I confused about strptime.
My goal search is this.(this is a sample. I have month field. I get token in my dashboard and do this search.)

|makeresults
|eval test=strptime("$token$", "%Y-%m")
|where month>strftime(relative_time(test, "-2mon"), "%Y-%m") AND month<="$token$"

I did this search, but test is no result.

|makeresults
|eval test=strptime("2020-02", "%Y-%m")
|where month>strftime(relative_time(test, "-2mon"), "%Y-%m") AND month<="2020-02"

How to change time? Am I wrong using strptime?
Thank you for helping.
(this is easy question, I know, but today, I am stumbling on this problem for some reason.)

0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

You need to provide "day" along with month and year to strptime function. Try this:

| makeresults 
| eval test=strptime("2020-02"."-01", "%Y-%m-%d"), month="2020-01" 
| where month > strftime(relative_time(test, "-2mon"), "%Y-%m") AND month <= "2020-02"

with token:

| makeresults
| eval test=strptime("$token$"."-01", "%Y-%m-%d"), month=??
| where month > strftime(relative_time(test, "-2mon"), "%Y-%m") AND month <= "$token$"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

You need to provide "day" along with month and year to strptime function. Try this:

| makeresults 
| eval test=strptime("2020-02"."-01", "%Y-%m-%d"), month="2020-01" 
| where month > strftime(relative_time(test, "-2mon"), "%Y-%m") AND month <= "2020-02"

with token:

| makeresults
| eval test=strptime("$token$"."-01", "%Y-%m-%d"), month=??
| where month > strftime(relative_time(test, "-2mon"), "%Y-%m") AND month <= "$token$"
0 Karma

pipipipi
Path Finder

Thank you so much. I should add "day"...I understand.
Thank you so much.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

strings(text) can't be compared

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...