Splunk Search

stats count(eval(recipient="@thing.com*")) not providing results

Denorsmith
Engager

I have a search I am running, and I am trying to enumerate this one specific email domain's email responses, if it was blocked, delivered, so on. When I run this search (will be below) I get my stats table just fine, but I get no results per main field. What am I doing wrong?

index=emails
| search recipient="*@thing.com*" OR Recipient="*@thing.com*"
| stats count(eval((recipient="*@thing.com") OR (Recipient="*@thing.com*"))) AS @thing BY email_response

Table looks like this 

email_response                                                             @thing

blocked                                                                               0

delivered                                                                            0

quarantined                                                                      0

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since you are already filtering on whether recipient is @thing.com, why do you need to filter again in the stats?

index=emails
| stats count AS @thing BY email_response

However, if you still feel you need it, you could use the like function (note that % are used for wildcards)

index=emails
| stats count(eval(like(recipient,"%@thing.com%") OR like(Recipient,"%@thing.com%"))) AS @thing BY email_response

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since you are already filtering on whether recipient is @thing.com, why do you need to filter again in the stats?

index=emails
| stats count AS @thing BY email_response

However, if you still feel you need it, you could use the like function (note that % are used for wildcards)

index=emails
| stats count(eval(like(recipient,"%@thing.com%") OR like(Recipient,"%@thing.com%"))) AS @thing BY email_response

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...