s12
h2    s2
      s23
h3    s3
      s56
h4    s4
h5    s4

When i use the sendemail command to send this as alert it gives :

index=* | stats values(SERVICENAME) as SERVICE by HOST | sendemail to="xx" ...

HOST  SERVICE
 ----- ------
 h1   s1
 h2   s2
 h3   s3
 h4   s4
 h5   s4

I am missing the complete results from my stats command. Please advise that i need to change 'sendmail.py' file to get complete results ?

0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

Looks like you are having some issue with it being a multi value situation. I would either us mvexpand to make results one to one per line before emailing. Or put it in a dashboard then schedule an email report such as pdf format of that dashboard on a schedule.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If that behaviour only occurs with a particular sourcetype it's probably best to post some sample data along with the configuration for that sourcetype.

0 Karma

splunker12er
Motivator

Also, it works for me with some other sourcetype. but , the one that i am facing issue is with UDP data.

Also I am extracting SERVICE values using FIELD-EXTRACTOR

I don't think that should be a problem for Splunk. Anyway when i stat the results it shows properly all the values of the SERVICE , but when I do the | sendemail it somehow skips.
Strange behavior.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Even odder 😞 the stats calls are identical except for different field names, so something more sneaky must be going on.

0 Karma

splunker12er
Motivator

Hi,

I got the results in one row separated with space for the _internal query .

But , i still face the same issue for my search query, it takes only 1 value of the SERVICE , it skips the remaining values.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Odd, the only difference I see is format=html, but that's the default value.

Are you seeing the same issue with the _internal query I posted above?

0 Karma

splunker12er
Motivator

i am using version 6. I am using the below search query. It doesnt give all the values of SERVICENAME.

index=* | stats values(SERVICENAME) as SERVICE by HOST | sendemail to="xx@x.x" format=html subject=myresults sendresults=true smtp="smtp.xxx.com"
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't seem to be able to reproduce that... if I do this:

index=_internal | stats values(source) by sourcetype | sendemail to=me@me.me server=myserver subject=mvtest sendresults=true

I get all values of the multivalue field for the sources, just not in two rows like in the Splunk result without sendmail but rather in one row separated by a space:

sourcetype   values(source)
splunkd      /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/metrics.log /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log

Are you doing anything differently? What version are you on?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...