Splunk Search

splunk not recording spanningtree logs

keithweller

My core switch had several spanning errors this morning, but Splunk did not record them. They are in the switch logs though - I need to know how to make it record those events (really, just record everything). Here's an example of logging info that is not in Splunk for my core switch:
%SPANTREE-7-RECV_1Q_NON_TRUNK: Received 802.1Q BPDU on non trunk TenGigabitEthernet1/1/2 VLAN98.
%SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE: Blocking TenGigabitEthernet1/1/2 on VLAN0098. Inconsistent port type.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We need more information to work with. What product is this data coming from? How is it being onboarded into Splunk? Are there any filters on the data?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

keithweller

Never mind - I found the problem. I was searching in Smart mode - changed to Verbose mode and they showed up. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...