Splunk Search

splunk locking libeay32.dll from wrong directory stops bit9 security app from starting

kserra_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

splunk is currently locking the dll libeay32.dll from the wrong directory. this is causing our main security product on the endpoints to lock and fail. This needs to be remediated in order to secure our environment.

i believe the issue is directly related to how splunk searchs for libeay32.dll. I believe the application is using a */libeay32.dll method of searching for the path for libeay32.dll and since our security product is alphabetically first, it is selecting libeay32.dll from the bit9 path and locking it up in memory causing the applications to fail.

bit9 path:
c:\program files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Agent\libeay32.dll

splunk path:
c:\program files\splunkunkiversalforwarder\bin\libeay32.dll

Tags (3)
1 Solution

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk doesn't search for libeay32.dll, the host system does (i.e. image activation). This could probably be solved by modifying the PATH environment variable; which is a search list. For Splunk, make sure the search path looks in the splunk directory first.

View solution in original post

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk doesn't search for libeay32.dll, the host system does (i.e. image activation). This could probably be solved by modifying the PATH environment variable; which is a search list. For Splunk, make sure the search path looks in the splunk directory first.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...