Splunk Search

Why can't splunk add-on for Amazon Web services proxy and no_proxy?

uksysadmins

Trying to collect my AWS data using on-prem splunk instance. I need to go via a proxy to access anything on the internet sts.amazon.com etc for example.

I've added proxy settings to the environment and splunk-launch.conf which seems to do the trick for most other apps and I can get my newrelic data and can see the access via the proxy.

For the AWS app if I leave the app specific proxy config blank I can't add any account because it appears to be ignore the global proxy settings and trying to go direct when I click add.

If I configure the App specific proxy with the same settings as the system (except for the no proxy list because there is no setting for that) I can't even get to the account add screen because it is trying to proxy the call to the localhost:8089 mgt port.

Anyone know how to configure it to make it work?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

paolos
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi ,

we have the same problem . Doy you solve this on some manner ?

Thanks

0 Karma

uksysadmins

Seemed to be a bug in the version at the time, a week or so later a new version came out and that was OK and worked as expected. (we are not currently using it at the moment so I'm afraid I can't tell you what version we were running when it worked)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...