Splunk Search

Why can't splunk add-on for Amazon Web services proxy and no_proxy?

uksysadmins

Trying to collect my AWS data using on-prem splunk instance. I need to go via a proxy to access anything on the internet sts.amazon.com etc for example.

I've added proxy settings to the environment and splunk-launch.conf which seems to do the trick for most other apps and I can get my newrelic data and can see the access via the proxy.

For the AWS app if I leave the app specific proxy config blank I can't add any account because it appears to be ignore the global proxy settings and trying to go direct when I click add.

If I configure the App specific proxy with the same settings as the system (except for the no proxy list because there is no setting for that) I can't even get to the account add screen because it is trying to proxy the call to the localhost:8089 mgt port.

Anyone know how to configure it to make it work?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

paolos
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi ,

we have the same problem . Doy you solve this on some manner ?

Thanks

0 Karma

uksysadmins

Seemed to be a bug in the version at the time, a week or so later a new version came out and that was OK and worked as expected. (we are not currently using it at the moment so I'm afraid I can't tell you what version we were running when it worked)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...