Splunk Search

showing max and min value along with line chart

sathiyamoorthy
Explorer

How to show a max value and min value along with line chart in Splunk dashboard. Currently splunk dashboard has a line chart for 1 hour content download size, I would like to show something like

Max: N GB
Min: M GB

N and M are based upon that particular hour's maximum and minimum at any particular minute.

It is similar like the Range shown in google finance for any stock price. Showing that is very handy because otherwise it will be very difficult to find the lowest and highest value.

Not sure how to do this, I may try finding max and min but how to show that in dashboard along with the line chart?

0 Karma

tzoukos
Engager

You can use something like this, in order to have two values in your timechart

... | timechart max(GB), min(GB)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can for example place a Sideview Utils HTML module alongside your graph and print out that information there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...