Splunk Search

search filed values from sourcetype1 to another sourcetype2

shrinivaskittur
Explorer

Hi,
I need help in searching field value from the first search to another search with deferent sourcetype and combine both search fields in one table.
but the issue is filed name is the same in both sourcetype but the values are different.
example:

Sourcetype 1 has filed name "user" with value "ABCD"

sourcetype 2 has filed name "user" with value "xxx\\ABCD"

I tried with below query but not getting the output

sourcetype=sourcetype1 | eval User="*".User
| table User | join User [search sourcetype=sourcetype2 | fields User HostName HostIP FileName Timestamp Message] | table User Email HostName HostIP FileName  Message

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

Try this:

(index=index1 sourcetype=sourcetype1) OR (index=index2 sourcetype=sourcetype2)
| eval user=replace(user,"xxx\\\\\\\\","")
| rename user as User
| stats values(Email) as Email values(HostName) as HostName values(HostIP) as HostIP values(FileName) as FileName values(Message) as Message by User

If you like it, please mark it as the Solution; if not, let me know what needs changed.

0 Karma

shrinivaskittur
Explorer

Hello Jwalthour,

Thank you for your reply, but the "xxx" is not static value here,  need some command to remove  all text before "\\"  and including "\\"

0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

Replace line 2 with:

| rex field=user "^\S{3}\\\\\\\\(?P<user>[\s\S]+)"

or this gets you there, too:

| rex field=user "\\\\\\\\(?P<user>[\s\S]+)"

shrinivaskittur
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry for coming again, I have verified the output table and the table contain only the field of sourcetype1 and the sourcetype2  field values are showing blank

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...