Splunk Search

round fuction usage for avg command output

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi ,

I have been using the stats avg(duration) as Avg_Duration in my query.But while displayin the Avg_Duration i am getting the output value with 6 decimal digits after the precision.Something like 2.123456 i would like to round it off to four digits only.Tried using the round function along with the stats command..but it didnt worked.

Please help me on this .Thanx

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Drainy
Champion

What have you tried already when you tried to round?
Something like this works with my setup;

| stats avg(duration) as Avg_duration | eval Avg_duration=round(Avg_duration,0)

View solution in original post

damiensurat
Contributor

I know this has been around a while, but I felt I should share this with the community. You can incorporate the eval statement into the stats command:
EG:
| stats avg(eval(round(duration,0))) AS Avg_Duration

[https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/Search/Usestatswithevalexpressionsandfunctions]

This especially works well when you are using a split by statement.
EG:
| stats avg(eval(duration(count,0))) AS Avg_Duration by something

0 Karma

emikulic
Explorer

It would be a lot better inline. I tried but as such in our 6.1.2 server cannot it does not work. ie.

| stats round(avg(duration),0) 

Drainy
Champion

What have you tried already when you tried to round?
Something like this works with my setup;

| stats avg(duration) as Avg_duration | eval Avg_duration=round(Avg_duration,0)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...