Splunk Search

rex mode=sed syntax

cschafer1

I apolagize for the simplicity of this question. I have scowered all over splunk answers and could find or make sense of a solutions from what I have found.

I need to remove %20 from my search and replace with a space. I have tried:

rex mode=sed "s/%20/ /"
rex mode=sed "s/%20/ /g"
rex mode=sed field=fieldname "s/%20/ /g"

I am sure it is not registering with me whith the slashes what is needed in the sed sytax.

Thank you for any assistance.

Cory

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

That's really how you would do it with rex mode=sed so I really don't know why it's not working for you. However I suggest an alternate solution that seems more appropriate in your scenario anyway: use eval's urldecode function instead. It will read a string, decode all URL encoded entities and return the decoded string.

... | eval yourfield=urldecode(yourfield)

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

That's really how you would do it with rex mode=sed so I really don't know why it's not working for you. However I suggest an alternate solution that seems more appropriate in your scenario anyway: use eval's urldecode function instead. It will read a string, decode all URL encoded entities and return the decoded string.

... | eval yourfield=urldecode(yourfield)

Ayn
Legend

Awesome. Could you please mark my answer as accepted (click the tick mark on the left)? Thanks!

0 Karma

cschafer1

That worked... Thank you very much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...