Splunk Search

rex mode=sed syntax

cschafer1

I apolagize for the simplicity of this question. I have scowered all over splunk answers and could find or make sense of a solutions from what I have found.

I need to remove %20 from my search and replace with a space. I have tried:

rex mode=sed "s/%20/ /"
rex mode=sed "s/%20/ /g"
rex mode=sed field=fieldname "s/%20/ /g"

I am sure it is not registering with me whith the slashes what is needed in the sed sytax.

Thank you for any assistance.

Cory

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

That's really how you would do it with rex mode=sed so I really don't know why it's not working for you. However I suggest an alternate solution that seems more appropriate in your scenario anyway: use eval's urldecode function instead. It will read a string, decode all URL encoded entities and return the decoded string.

... | eval yourfield=urldecode(yourfield)

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

That's really how you would do it with rex mode=sed so I really don't know why it's not working for you. However I suggest an alternate solution that seems more appropriate in your scenario anyway: use eval's urldecode function instead. It will read a string, decode all URL encoded entities and return the decoded string.

... | eval yourfield=urldecode(yourfield)

Ayn
Legend

Awesome. Could you please mark my answer as accepted (click the tick mark on the left)? Thanks!

0 Karma

cschafer1

That worked... Thank you very much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...