Splunk Search

query to find the values 3 to 5 secs, 7 to 9 secs and above 9 secs in percentage.

valameti
Explorer

hi,
please help me in query to find the values of transactions between 3 to 5secs, 7 to 9 secs and above 9 secs in percentage.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

musskopf
Builder

Are you talking about transaction duration? Could pls post more details,data example, etc?

From what I can "guess" you might use rangemap command, like that:

| rangemap field=duration veryfast=0-3 fast=3-5 normal=5-9 default=slow | top range

But you also could use "eval" combined with "case" or "if", which can be more flexible.
| eval range=CASE(duration < 0, "veryfast", duration < 3, "normal", duration < 5, "slow")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

valameti
Explorer

How can I get this data charted for a day, I mean to plot a graph of % of transactions (fast, normal,slow) for hours of the day.

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

Are you talking about transaction duration? Could pls post more details,data example, etc?

From what I can "guess" you might use rangemap command, like that:

| rangemap field=duration veryfast=0-3 fast=3-5 normal=5-9 default=slow | top range

But you also could use "eval" combined with "case" or "if", which can be more flexible.
| eval range=CASE(duration < 0, "veryfast", duration < 3, "normal", duration < 5, "slow")

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

The "top" command will return count and percentage. You can remove the count column by adding "| fields - count" at the end.

0 Karma

valameti
Explorer

when i use the above query it is displaying the chart in count .it is possible to display the chart in percent?
please help me.

0 Karma

valameti
Explorer

Thanks alot.it is working.:)

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

if you already have the fields extracted, just use the "case" example I posted, adjusting it for the field and ranges you wish, like:
index=main | eval range=CASE(myField < 0, "veryfast", myField < 3, "normal", myField < 5, "slow") | top range. It'll show a table, or chart with the values and %.

0 Karma

valameti
Explorer

please find the raw data below
[2108749225][8/26/14 00:59:17:858 CDT][..][][INFO][com.xx.common.perfmon.PerformanceMonitor][WebContainer : 2] PERFMON: KEY: 2108749225 API: IO ET: 2516ms [NAME: Agg For RCV ET: 2474ms

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

Could pls post some example of the raw data?

0 Karma

valameti
Explorer

What I am looking for a simply chart for RCV for day need to break down by hour , % of transaction between 3 to 5 secs and 5 to 7 secs and 7 to 9 secs and above 9 secs..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...