Splunk Search

query error tstat

havatz
Explorer

Hi when i ran this query:

"| tstats count, values(\"Authentication.tag\") as tag from datamodel=Authentication where ((nodename = Authentication.Failed_Authentication) \`hdsi_repeat_failed_logins_alert_filter\`) groupby \"Authentication.src\", \"Authentication.dest\", \"Authentication.user\", _time span=1s | \`drop_dm_object_name(\"Authentication\")\` | eventstats sum(count) as src_count by src | eval user=lower(mvindex(split(user,\"@\"),0)) | search NOT [ search earliest=-24h@h tag=modify tag=password user=* NOT user=\"*$\" | eval user=lower(mvindex(split(user,\"@\"),0)) | dedup user | fields user ] | lookup hdsi_user_login_statistics.csv src, dest, user | eval p_fail_user = exact(failcountbyuser / totalcountbyuser) | eval p_fail_src=exact(failcountbysrc / totalcountbysrc) | where (p_fail_user < 1 AND ( p_fail_src > 0.05 OR p_fail_user > 0.1)) OR isnull(p_fail_user) | eval safeness=case(tag==\"privileged\", 0.25, tag==\"mail\", 6, tag==\"disabled_or_locked_out_authentication\", 8, tag==\"known_scanner_src\",20) | fillnull value=1 safeness | transaction maxspan=10m src,dest,user | stats values(dest) as dest, values(user) as user, sum(count) as eventcount, min(_time) as _time, max(duration) as duration, sum(safeness) as safeness, dc(dest) as dest_count by src | eval thresh = (safeness*30)/dest_count | where eventcount > thresh"

Im getting this error:

"type": "INFO",
"text": "The limit has been reached for log messages in info.csv. 25 messages have not been written to info.csv. Refer to search.log for these messages or limits.conf to configure this limit."

someone can help with that please ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ashajambagi
Communicator

Hi @havatz 

You can refer to below document for the parameter “max_infocsv_message”.You may need to fine tune the parameter.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.1/Admin/Limitsconf

Also,Is there a specific reason for escaping those  “ “ in the query ?

0 Karma

havatz
Explorer

I ran API queries so I had to add \ to escape the ".

I must change the config for this parameter to run this query?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...