"mainArray":
[
{"name":"MS","value":20},
{"name":"MC","value":20},
{"name":"CF","value":20},
{"name":"ST"},
{"name":"CMR","value":20}
]

-- i am currently using the search as " | spath output=code path=mainArray{}.name | spath output=cnt path=mainArray{}.value | table code,cnt"

and the output i see is as :

code cnt
MS 20
MC 20
CF 20
ST 20
CMR

The Expected Output is:

code cnt
MS 20
MC 20
CF 20
ST

CMR 20

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this (runanywhere sample. Everything before | rex command is for generating sample data, replace that with your base search.

| gentimes start=-1 | eval _raw="{\"mainArray\":
[
 {\"name\":\"MS\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"MC\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"CF\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"ST\"},
 {\"name\":\"CMR\",\"value\":20}
]}" | table _raw 
| rex mode=sed "s/(\"name\":\"[^\"]+\")\}/\1,\"value\":\"NA\"}/g" | spath  | spath output=code path=mainArray{}.name | spath output=cnt path=mainArray{}.value | table code,cnt

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this (runanywhere sample. Everything before | rex command is for generating sample data, replace that with your base search.

| gentimes start=-1 | eval _raw="{\"mainArray\":
[
 {\"name\":\"MS\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"MC\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"CF\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"ST\"},
 {\"name\":\"CMR\",\"value\":20}
]}" | table _raw 
| rex mode=sed "s/(\"name\":\"[^\"]+\")\}/\1,\"value\":\"NA\"}/g" | spath  | spath output=code path=mainArray{}.name | spath output=cnt path=mainArray{}.value | table code,cnt

sasamudr

Thanks a lot @ somesoni2. i was able to use your regex with sed to make the null event as NA and it worked perfectly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...